Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

Due date depression?



I was dreading yesterday for 7 months. I thought I would be an emotional wreck. Instead I woke up and got out of bed with ease at a reasonable hour. Yes....quite the miracle during a weekend for me.I'm just in awe that I was able to function...at all. Not only function but be able to take a deep breathe in and appreciate all the love and beauty I have around me. I honestly felt lucky to be alive. For a second I was concerned that I was shutting down and going into denial. But I'm pretty certain that this is acceptance. I feel at peace with myself  and with my family.I feel positive and I feel safe.I can only hope the sun has set on my depression. This is the photo I took of the sunset on my due date. I'm thinking it isn't the due date of my baby.....its now the due date of getting my life back on track. I was starting to think it was overdue....but now it feels just right.




Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?  

No comments:

Post a Comment