Pages

Sunday 20 May 2012

TTC after an ectopic pregnancy is tough..

I was looking for the perfect word to describe what has been happening with my body, mind and soul since I have experienced my ectopic pregnancy. The word is

Exacerbated; ex·ac·er·bat·ed, ex·ac·er·bat·ing, ex·ac·er·bates
To increase the severity, violence, or bitterness of; to aggravate!
Oh yeh...thats the word. Noone can explain it to me, noone can support me in my own little self pity rave Ive got going on over here....massive party of ....one!! 
It started with my bowel movements. The day I was discharged and everyday since then my dysfunctional relationship with my bowel has been exacerbated. I have pain, with every bowel movement, its sluggish and the uncomfortable feeling of being full never goes away. It has never been a great relationship but since the operation I have been questioning a divorce.
I am trying to counteract this by abstaining from any form of alcohol, tea and chocolate. Ive also just started the All bran  10 day challenge and the Brauer 20 day detox. Im a real pleasure to live with right now!But hay its worth a shot. Ill let you know how I go.
I have a few skin problems, I always have. They were well and truly around prior to my ectopic pregnancy however.....now they have been exacerbated.
Psoriasis: normally at times of peak stress I would find a halo of psoriasis around my hair line. At the moment I have patches on my face, my eyebrows are constantly shedding, and my entire scalp is flaking what did my husband call them ?.....oatmeal! I had a full blown panic attack when I looked into the mirror and saw flakes the size of a 10 cent piece hanging off my forehead. Okay slight exaggeration...at least a 5 cent piece.
Eczema:I used to occasionally get a couple of spots under my rings if I washed the dishes with a strong detergent.At the moment I cant clench my hand into a fist because the skin splits and cracks and hurts something chronic.
Acne: Okay, when I was in high school I had about 4 pimples...in total.Yeh I know...who am I to complain....what a bitch.However...during my first pregnancy I copped a few pearlers on the chin. You know those blind ones you cant squeeze and you feel like introducing them by name amongst company.Well now I have them all over me, on my  back, chin, neck, behind my ears on my ass up my nose.In places I didnt even know you could get pimples and there they are.Its humiliating, and its driving me crazy.
Currently trying to lay off the steroid creams but  unfortunately they seem to be the only thing working on my hands.
Hormonal Swings: Ive always been a little bit fiery at that time of the month, little bit quick to shed a tear or do a bit of hen pecking on the old man Hubby.But recently this has been exacerbated. I now have borderline split personality disorder (self diagnosed)well not really but in all seriousness I now have a huge amount of period pain, hormonal migraines at ovulation and menstruation, ovulation pain, panic attacks, anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, irrational fears, uncontrollable crying, emotional outbursts. Just downright insane behaviour that I do not relate to as being "me"
Tension headaches: I used to get these when super stressed out. Now I get them whenever I have to make a decision, think quickly, react quickly.Anything quick and my head starts to thump like a sub woofer.
Indigestion and Heartburn: For some reason when I eat now at certain times of the month I get really bad heartburn. To the point where I have ulcer medication to treat it. It hurts a lot and I don't have anything to eat that could be causing it, Im guessing it is hormonal and from what I have read it is reasonably common but no one can explain the whys and hows of it.
TMJ Inflammation:I have always had a tight jaw, but since the surgery I constantly grind my teeth together, its like a nervous twitch and I am constantly dealing with my temperal mandibular joint being so inflamed that I find it difficult to chew. On a positive note I wonder if it will help me lose weight.
Oh yeh another thing that has been exacerbated: Weight gain: I have been piling on the pounds like a bear preparing to go into hibernation for 100 years! It feels like because the pregnancy didn't get to continue, my bum cheeks have decided to separate and multiply like that of a developing zygote. Its horrid and only in the space of a few weeks hardly any of my clothes fit and my diet hasn't changed all that much.
All these things to swallow and throw that all in with trying to conceive! Phew...a farting, flaking,itching, crying, moaning, burping, fat assed yetti? who doesn't want to make babies with that pretty picture? Oh God help me!!Things have got to change.....................now!!! Wish me luck guys!
 Think pink
Janey

No comments:

Post a Comment